- Signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Federal Ministry of Health to pilot with evidence generation, LifeStraw in selected health facilities in Nigeria with the purpose of successfully providing safely managed drinking water services within these facilities and eventually all federally owned hospitals in the country and selected Cholera epidemic – prone communities (including Schools and IDP camps in the Communities) in Nigeria.
- Second successful LifeStraw product launch took place in Abuja, Nigeria in March 2018 with the Hon. Minister of Health as the Keynote speaker. Click to read report.
- Developed and implemented Safe Drinking Water for Nigerian Communities Project. See website here and reports here
- EnvironFocus Limited signed an Agreement with Vestergaard Frandsen to become sole distributor of LifeStraw products in Nigeria in July 2017 to help address the need for safe drinking water in Nigeria.
- Launched LifeStraw successfully in November 2017 in Lagos Nigeria. Click to read report.
- Developed and implemented EnvironFocus Knowledge and Culture Exchange Program (EKCEP). Participating schools in the pilot include Morning Star Middle School and S-Tee International Secondary School, Festac, Lagos. See website here and reports here.
- Launched our EnvironFocus Show and Tell series with the first one taken place at the Holiday Inn express and suites in Mississauga On. The goal was to showcase green ideas, products and services. More information can be seen here and here.
- Registered EnvironFocus Limited in Nigeria
- Registered the Sustainable Waste Recycling Community of Nigeria (SWRC Nigeria)
- Developed and implemented the Youth and the 3Rs waste project in partnership with SWRC Nigeria in Nigeria. Click to find out more.
- Engaged in Nigeria’s preparatory activities for the upcoming UNFCCC COP 21.
- Carried out an Urban Gardening Project in Nigeria to support the idea that urban/backyard gardening is a solution to food security in African countries.
- Founded the Sustainable Waste Recycling Community of Nigeria (SWRC Nigeria) in partnership with Recycling Council of Ontario (RCO) in Nigeria. Identified and announced the SWRC Nigeria Board members.
- Commenced workshops, facility visits, seminars, tree planting, shoreline clean ups using the EnvironBuzz Meetup as the initial platform for organizing events. Carried out over 55 of these events from 2012 – 2013, directly impacting over 1000 people that attended these events while directly and indirectly impacting over 30,000 people via our blog and social media sites.
- Launched Eco Rendezvous series. A series of renewable energy workshops that educated the Mississauga community and environs on the various types of renewable energy – applications, challenges and opportunities. It brought together the renewable energy businesses and the community together. All presentations and reports can be found here
- Developed a community-based initiative called “EnvironBuzz”. EnvironBuzz is the social
component of EnvironFocus designed to create environmental awareness and educate the community
via workshops, facility visits, seminars, tree planting, shoreline clean ups and via our blog, Meetup and social media – Facebook, Twitter on Environmental and Sustainability issues and solutions for Mississauga and environs.
- Created and implemented an event called ”Eco Tours and Exhibition – Urban Environmental Management Learning Tour and Exhibition of Canada”.The event brought together policy makers in Africa and Canada to discuss Climate Change and the part we all must play in adapting and mitigating a changing climate. This included a tour of relevant environmental and renewable energy initiatives in Ontario. A report of the event can be viewed here
Who are EnvironFocus Clients?
What are the goals of Environfocus?
– Develop sustainable environmental partnerships with organizations
– Transfer knowledge and technology of workable environmental initiatives with the aim to reduce our carbon footprint in the fight to combat global climate change.
– Create the awareness of the necessity of organizations to assist in sustainable development of communities and to promote clean technology
– To put forth the understanding that the actions that are taken need not be done singly but as a group
Who are the people that make up this organization?
Recycling Council of Ontario
Whole Woman Network
Rotary Club of Mississauga – Airport
Hb Solar Canada Inc
Ontario Sustainable Energy Association (OSEA)
TREC Renewable Energy Co-Operatives: Solar Share
Dynamic Solar Tech
Frankensolar Americas Inc
Nxt Level Energy Inc
MANO River Union
Halton Environment Network
Borealis Wood Power Corp