EnvironFocus ‘Move to LED’ (M to L)
EnvironFocus ‘Move to LED’ (M to L) is an initiative to move communities to a
safer and cleaner lighting option that is better for the environment and for the people. In Canada, we are doing this alongside the Ontario Power Authority/Independent Electricity System Operator and your utility company. Outside Canada, other financial incentives are available.
Countries are promoting different ways to cut down energy consumption. One of such ways is the Retrofit programs.
Eligible buildings include:Residential housing, social and assisted housing, places of worship, restaurants, offices, warehouses, garages etc. The move to LED will reduce your electricity bills and leave more money in your pocket by moving away from incandescent light bulbs and fluorescent lights. The use of LED lights will reduce your electricity bill by up to 80%.
What are LED lights
Light-Emitting Diode (LED) lights are ‘directional’ light sources. This implies that they emit light in a specific direction, unlike incandescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs, which emit light and heat in all directions.
Hence, LED lighting is able to use light and energy more efficiently. Compact Fluorescent Lights bulbs though more energy efficient than the incandescent light bulbs can be very hazardous to the environment and people who use them if not disposed properly due to it Mercury content. For a more detailed information about how each bulb rates against each other, click here. To see a table with some energy use comparison amongst some common bulbs used in commercial buildings click here.
So, consider switching to LED lights for some of the following reasons:
- Help the environment, Save energy and cut waste
- Cut electricity consumption by up to 80% resulting in even more money in your pocket
- Minimize maintenance costs, install LED light bulbs ( last up to 50, 000hrs) or LED luminaires (Last up to 200,000 hours)
- Better able to take advantage renewable energy sources
- For Canadians, receive up to 50% of project cost in government rebates under Ontario’s saveonenergy program incentives
- For Africans, financial incentives/rebates are also available.
EnvironFocus Incorporated working alongside community businesses will provide the following services
- Lighting Audits – to see where you can save on lighting costs
- Provide High quality products that qualify for rebates. All products provided will have the energy star seal and DLC certified.
- Assist you with your rebate application and work with you to get the maximum rebate possible. Project will not commence until pre-approval is gotten from your Utility ( Applicant Representation (AR) Ontario’s saveonenergy program)
- Installation and Disposal
- Financing, if required
- For Social and Assisted housing retrofits, provide Resident Education.
For more information about the program contact us at 1866 463 1104 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EnvironFocus Incorporated has be educating the community via workshops, site visits, documentaries and seminars and via social media under EnvironBuzz on environmental and sustainability issues and solutions since 2010 and now, we are taking these different solutions that are supported by the Ontario government into communities directly to people. Information about EnvironFocus can be found at www.environfocus.com. Our community pages are www.meetup.com/EnvironBuzz, @EnvironBuzz, www.facebook.com/EnvironBuzz and https://www.linkedin.com/groups/EnvironBuzz
588total visits,4visits today