Rotary – EnvironFocus Knowledge and Culture Exchange Program (EKCEP)
Here is an opportunity for Rotary clubs to support the education of their interactors in developing innovative solutions for sustainability to address the sustainable development goals (SDGs) and meet the Rotary causes. EnvironFocus will be hosting an information session where all information will be provided, including costs and structure. We have provided the dates of the information sessions below.
What is EKCEP?
EKCEP (EnvironFocus Knowledge and Culture Exchange Program) is a transformative youth educational program with a project development focus. It provides an avenue for teachers and their students in developed countries (including the indigenous communities) and developing countries to solve sustainability issues affecting continents. You can find out more about EKCEP at www.environfocus.com/EKCEP.
EKCEP does the following:
- Provides an avenue to improve lives and address the needs in indigenous and non-indigenous communities in Canada and communities in developing countries
- Implements projects that solve sustainability problems in participating communities
- Encourages innovation and entrepreneurship in the sustainability sector in students
- Participates in the achievement of SDG 4: Quality Education and all other SDGs depending on the topic selected.
- Promotes behavior of protecting the environment in students
- Fosters knowledge and culture transfer between students
ROTARY – EKCEP Benefits
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, Rotary – EKCEP is an opportunity to:
- To provide our interactors with the education and resources, they need to help them aid the world’s effective transformation into a better place for all.
- To address multiple Rotary’s causes depending on topic selection as each EKCEP curriculum can be designed to achieve specific goals.
- To attract local and international donors.
- To build capacity
- Partners on this project could be Rotary club(s) in participating countries.
- Students participating in the program from participating countries could be mainly from associated Interacts clubs.
- To implement projects that solve sustainability issues and address basic human needs in indigenous communities and developing countries.
A Little Bit About EnvironFocus
EnvironFocus™ is a services firm focusing on improving the sustainability performance of organizations and communities through activities that align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). One of EnvironFocus’s most prominent programs is the EnvironFocus Knowledge and Culture Exchange Program (EKCEP). You can get more information about EnvironFocus from www.environfocus.com.
ROTARY – EKCEP Information Sessions:
The Rotary-EKCEP information session dates are provided below. You will get more details about the structure, cost, and benefits of this new program, please register for an Information Session on August 12th or 13th:
- Thursday, Aug 12, 2021, Information Session
6:00 PM Eastern Time (11 PM West Central Africa)
- Friday, Aug 13, 2021, Information Session
6:00 PM West Central Africa (1 PM Eastern Time) https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZApfuCsqj4uHdz6RdrrDXcvSOL8pnj2arAK
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Please register so we can provide you with more information, next steps and answer any questions that you may have. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 18004742650 for immediate attention.
Current Rotary District partners
Current Rotary District Partners: 7080 and 9142