LifeStraw® Autofill is LifeStraw Community with an Autofill attachment. It embodies all the features of a LifeStraw Community.
- Designed for communities with access to piped or tap water that may not be safe.
- It allows users to connect a piped or tap water source to the LifeStraw Community directly for easy and quick filling.
- Designed to work with the standard range of water pressure that comes from taps.
- Includes a pre-filter of 200 microns that reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Accepts sources with water pressure
- between 1 to 3 Bar
- The fill-rate is 0.5L to 3L per minute
- Adapts to standard hose connections (15 mm and 19 mm diameters)
- WEIGHT: 19 lbs
- CAPACITY: 70,000 – 100,000 L
- DIMENSIONS: 22’’ x 22’’ x 24’’
HOW IT WORKS
- 25 liters of untreated water is piped into the top of the unit
- The pre-filter removes coarse particles larger than 80 microns
- Ultra filtration occurs within the hollow-fiber membrane cartridge, turbidity particles and pathogens larger than 0.02 microns stay on the dirty side of the membrane, clean water passes through
- The blue tap is turned to release purified water and can be collected from any of the four taps
- When the backwashing lever is released, the dirty side of the membrane is flushed out into the red backwash container