EnvironFocus Knowledge and Culture Exchange Program
EKCEP is an avenue for children from developed countries (Canada) and developing countries (Nigeria) to work together in solving sustainability issues affecting both continents. EKCEP aims to solve the following questions.
- How do we raise children that will solve the sustainability problems of the present and the future?
- How do we transfer knowledge that is unbiased?
- How do we create solutions that are trans-boundary and take cultures into consideration?
- How do we ensure that single stories are not told?
- Knowledge and culture transfer between participants
- Encourage Innovation and entrepreneurship in the sustainability sector
- Harness the potential in our Children
We will be working directly with the Nigerian Schools. Students from participating schools, of a particular grade, will be paired with students in the same grade in Canada with a goal to work together to birth new ideas and come up with innovative projects that can solve sustainability issues affecting both continents.
Why Schools Should Participate:
- This is an international program that will provide the participating school and their students with international exposure and recognition.
- At the end of the year, participating students will be awarded Certificates and their innovations will be showcased internationally with funding opportunities for further research.
- Participating students will be establishing new friendships and more opportunities to connect and learn about Canada and its people and vice versa.
- The participating school will be participating in a program that will broaden their students’ mind and make them more innovative.
- Participating students will be getting an education that will prepare them for an entrepreneurial path as an option
- Participating students will be solving the sustainability problems of the present and the future and they will be doing their part to reduce our negative environmental impact on our world.
- Participating school will be classified as a Big Picture School
- The school will be designated an EnvironFocus Learning institution – A Green School
- Participating school will be encouraging self learning among their students