EnvironFocus Knowledge and Culture Exchange Program (EKCEP)
We will be working directly with the Nigerian Schools. Students from participating schools, of a particular grade, will be paired with students in the same grade in Canada with a goal to work together to birth new ideas and come up with innovative projects that can solve sustainability issues affecting both continents.
Why Schools should participate:
- This is an international program that will provide the participating school and their students with international exposure and recognition.
- At the end of the year, participating students will be awarded Certificates and their innovations will be showcased internationally with funding opportunities for further research.
- Participating students will be establishing new friendships and more opportunities to connect and learn about Canada and its people and vice versa.
- The participating school will be participating in a program that will broaden their students’ mind and make them more innovative.
- Participating students will be getting an education that will prepare them for an entrepreneurial path as an option
- Participating students will be solving the sustainability problems of the present and the future and they will be doing their part to reduce our negative environmental impact on our world.
- Participating school will be classified as a Big Picture School
- The school will be designated an EnvironFocus Learning institution – A Green School
- Participating school will be encouraging self learning among their students
Mode of Operation:
For this project, we will be working with Secondary school students in JSS 1 and 2. Equivalent students in Canada will be in Grades 7 and 8. The participating school in Canada is a Middle School in Canada under a Regional program with specialties in Art and Technology.
This exchange program will be from September 2016 – June 2017. Interaction between schools will be mostly via an online platform which will be made available to participants (students and teachers) closer to the start date once registration is completed. There will be opportunities for travel.
We are currently looking for participation from only one or two schools in Nigeria as this is a pilot program and we are going to be contacting about 15 top schools. Whichever school indicates interest and completes their registration and payment, will be the school we will be working with in September 2016.
We look forward to your participation in the program.